|Meaning||Diamonds (card suit)|
|Appearances||A Tale of Two Brothers (mentioned), The Lion King (mentioned)|
|Close Relations||Possible Daughter of Mohatu, Mate of Ahadi, Mother of Mufasa and Scar, Mother-in-law of Sarabi, Grandmother of Simba, Great-Grandmother of Kopa and Kiara|
Uru's appearance is unknown.
Uru's personality is also unknown. Her actions however hint she is responsible being as she searches for water to save the Pridelands.
A Tale of Two Brothers
She is mainly absent from the story, "A Tale of Two Brothers", due to her searching for a source of food and water during the drought. She finds a lake at the western edge of the Pridelands and saves the animals from dying of thirst.
The Lion King
= Gender Unknown
- Uru is never seen or described, but since her mate has golden fur, a foreign color amongst the Pridelanders, she could be a darker color if Scar is her son.
- If her fur is dark, she shares likeness with many of the Pridelanders, in that they have brown, beige, gray, and cream coats as well as Mohatu who has a brown pelt. This would indicate she is a native of the land, and most likely Mohatu's daughter.
- There is no proof Uru is Scar's mother; however there is no proof to suggest this isn't the case either.
- Uru goes searching for water just like Mohatu did. This could mean she knows the land better because she is native to it. Like many of the royals before and after her, she saves the Pridelands.
- Although some fans have depicted Uru as being white since her name means "diamonds," the word "uru" actually means the suit of diamonds (as in playing cards). The Swahili word for diamonds (the gemstone) is "almasi" (or "almazi").
- ↑ http://www.forvo.com/word/uru/
- ↑ http://www.kamusiproject.org/swahili/serve_files/browse/s/U/e2.htm
- ↑ http://www.kamusiproject.org/swahili/serve_files/browse/s/A/b1.htm
|Queen of the Pride Lands|