Fire, Angel, Seraph, Burning Ones (Hebrew)
|Appearances||The Lion King,|
|Voice Actors||Zoe Leader|
|Close Relations||Mother of Nala,|
Mother-In-Law of Simba,
Grandmother of Kopa and
Kiara, Friend of Sarabi
Sarafina has tawny fur like her daughter, apple-green eyes, and colorless paws. Both her upper and lower eye shades are light, the opposite of Scar's, which are dark.
Sarafina doesn't seem like the dominant opinionated lioness her daughter Nala is. Instead of forming her own thoughts and opinions, she ask for the thoughts and opinions of others. Even in the books she simply seems like the typical, protective and caring mother.
The Lion KingEdit
- Nala: "Mom, can I go with Simba?"
Sarafina: "Hmm...what do you think Sarabi?"
- —Sarafina asks Sarabi for her opinion on Nala's request
In the film, she is first seen in the cave with Nala in her arms,then giving Nala a bath as her and the prince converse. When Nala asks to accompany Simba to "the Waterhole", she asks Sarabi for her thoughts to which she agrees.
It is later revealed she, Mufasa, and Sarabi came to an agreement to have Simba be betrothed to Nala via Zazu who remarks their parents will be thrilled about them getting along after he refers to them as "little seeds of romance blossoming in the savannah".
Lastly, she is seen mourning Mufasa's death with the rest of the lionesses. It is unknown whether she survived Scar's reign or not.
- "Don't leave Pride Rock. There are hyenas all over the Pride Lands now...It's dangerous."
- —Sarafina warns Nala
Later, she and Ni save Nala from five hyenas.
- Sarafina originally had a son named Mheetu.
- According to the song "Chow Down", Sarafina ate Banzai's dad and possibly one of Shenzi's parents.
- In 1987, there was a musical titled, Sarafina!, which was adapted into a film, starring Whoopi Goldberg in 1992.
- Originally, Sarafina had more lines, such as "Nala, you just had a bath!" as seen in a storyboard sketch.