|Appearances||Falling in Love'|
|Close Relations||Friend/Possible Mate of Timon, Possible Daughter-in-law of Timon's Father and Ma|
- Timon: "This is so silly! I don't even know your name!"
Kataka: "It's Kataka"
- —Timon and Kataka re-unite
AppearanceEditKataka has fur lighter than Timon, a mole on the right side of her face and bright green or blue eyes. Like all Meerkats, her stripes are darker than her main fur.
- "This group is all I've know and it suits me. We all share tasks and it works well. I really don't want to leave..."
- —Kataka refused to leave her colony
Kataka is a member of a Meerkat colony somewhere in The Oasis. She meets Timon after he saves her from the talons of an eagle. The two separate without exchanging names, and, after searching desperately for her in order to know her name, Timon begins a bond with her.Timon and Kataka stay together for quite a while, Timon abandoning Pumbaa and Simba for being with her. The two are assigned Sentry duty, but it's not Timon 's definition of fun and he suggest him and Kataka run off together. Kataka however, feels safe with her group and refuses to leave. They argue, but when a snake attacks Kataka, Timon saving her again they make up. Timon gives Kataka a heart shaped stone to remind Kataka of him and leaves to return to Simba and Pumbaa.
- Kataka is the first female Meerkat to appear in the books.
- Kataka is possibly the second female Meerkat Timon has met, the first being Tatiana.
- Kataka has a similar problem to Nala, with her eyes being green in one picture and blue in another.