|Home to||Simba (formerly), Timon (formerly), Pumbaa (formerly), Growler, Kataka, Zak, Ma, Uncle Max, Iron Joe (possibly), Timon's Meerkat Colony|
- Pumbaa: "Remember that place I told you about?"
Timon: "Forget about your place. Get a load of what I found! Talk about "beyond what you see"! Pumbaa, this is our dream home! Dramatic views! Your very own porch swing! Hot tub and spa! Well-stocked cupboard!"
- —Timon and Pumbaa discovering the oasis
Hakuna Matata is the oasis home to Timon and Pumbaa, and eventually Simba after Mufasa's death. Rafiki unintentionally directs Timon there, where, on the way, he meets and is escorted by Pumbaa. The two name the oasis, "Hakuna Matata", after the philosophy they choose to live under upon arriving. After claiming the oasis, they adopt Simba, and raise him to adulthood until Nala shows up and convinces Simba to return to the Pride Lands. After helping Simba and the Pridelanders defeat Scar and the hyenas, Timon decides to give the oasis over to his colony.
Other animals are revealed to live here as well for example: Kataka, Growler and Zak from the "Hakuna Matata" books.
- Originally, Nala planned to stay in the oasis with Simba. She could've done this in the film had she not learned Simba had gone back.
- The oasis is named after the song, Hakuna Matata, as Timon and Pumbaa chose to live there with "no worries".
- According to the video game Kingdom Hearts II, the lionesses knew about the oasis, but Scar refused to let them leave to live there.
- Mohatu could've visited this area to save his kingdom from the drought. According to The Lion King 1½, the oasis wasn't very far (for an adult lion).
- Despite Timon and Pumbaa opted to live in Pride Lands along Simba after helping him in defeating Scar, the duo are still living in the jungle in the Timon and Pumbaa cartoon which takes place after Lion King, but before its sequel.